Health & Social Care Diploma
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSE Grade 4+
Length of Course: 2 Years
Assessment: 50% Examination 50% Coursework
Components: Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 4 Unit 5, Unit 7, Unit 8, Unit 11 Unit 12
Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
Learners taking this qualification will study six mandatory units:
• Human Lifespan Development
• Working in Health and Social Care
• Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
• Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
• Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
• Promoting Public Health.
• Psychological Perspectives
• Caring for Individuals with Additional Needs
It is for learners who are interested in learning about the health and social care sector as part of a balanced study programme. If you can manage coursework and deadlines, as well as prepare for an exam, this is a good option for you.
The qualification supports access to a range of higher education courses or apprenticeships possibly, but not exclusively, in health and social care.
- Do I have to have studied HSC at Level 2?
No, it would be helpful but not essential.
- Is there a lot of written work?
Yes the Coursework units are all written work and there are long answer questions in external exams.
- Do only girls do this course?
No, lots of boys have taken the level 3 qualification