Subject Leader: Miss C Treagus
Enterprise Teachers: Mr R Calver & Miss Perrin
Key Stage 4
The BTEC Tech Award in Enterprise is a practical course, where research and investigation are the main skills used. There are a total of three units that are assessed. One of the units is an examination and counts for 40% of the final grade and the remaining 60% of the course is assessed through internally assessed assignments.
The three units that students study are:
- Component 1: Exploring Enterprises: Students will explore different enterprises to develop their knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of enterprises and the skills needed by entrepreneurs to be successful. Learners will explore how enterprises use market research to find out about their customer needs and competitor behaviour and how internal and external factors may affect enterprises.
- Component 2: Planning and Presenting a Micro Enterprise idea: Students will generate two realistic ideas for a micro-enterprise and choose one of these to plan within budget. They will individually present their business plan for their idea and review the production and delivery of their presentation to make recommendations for improvements.
- Component 3: Marketing and Finance for Enterprise: Students will explore how marketing is used by enterprises and the factors that influence how enterprises identify and target their market. Learners will complete financial documents and statements and explore how to use them to monitor and improve the performance of an enterprise in order to make decisions and recommend strategies for success.